Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tidal by Emily Snow Playlist

Soooooo in love with Tidal!! Here is the playlist of songs mentioned in the book along with the quotes to help you get a feeling of snippets of the book from beginning to end.

He paused for a moment, and I heard a door slam shut. The engine to his car revved up, a Bruno Mars song about getting locked out of paradise blasting my eardrums. I flinched but then he cut the sound so that I could hear him laughing quietly.

I crossed my arms over my chest because I was more interested in hearing what Cooper had to say than listen to Brandon Boyd sing about picturing someone’s face in the back of his mind. The lyrics were way too close to my own dilemma with the guy sitting beside me. When the song ended, and a commercial for a night club replaced it, Cooper sighed

Over the next twenty-four hours I knocked out ten hours of community service. This time I followed Dave’s directions not to communicate with the residents at Harmony House, thanks to the iPod I borrowed from Miller that was full of angsty music—Five Finger Death Punch, Puddle of Mudd, and Saving Abel, to name a few. The work was monotonous and boring, but it kept my thoughts off Cooper and the fact that shooting was scheduled to begin in a few days.

Letting an Ed Sheeran song and the sound of laughter act as our guide, we walked around the house to the backyard.

Later that night, after I’d returned to my rental house and lay alone in the dark staring at the moonlight through partially opened blinds, listening to Ellie Goulding on my laptop, I decided that I wouldn’t think about what would happen after the summer went away, when I was done with this movie.

Paige showed up an hour and a half later, and when I told her to go away, she shook her head and held up a handful of DVDs—a season of Adventure Time and both volumes of Kill Bill. “Don’t ask me to leave or I’ll sit outside blasting the Gears of War soundtrack.”

She spent the next fifteen minutes telling me about the Bieber-esque bedspreads she’d coveted at Walmart and how her mom had promised her she’d have it by Christmas.

I sighed when I caught the middle of a Jason Mraz song and sung along off-key, sounding as horrible as my mom had when she called me on my birthday back in July. She shot me a look as she navigated the Cadillac into traffic.

The song switched to Paramore and I nearly choked when my mother joined in with me, singing loudly.

And here is Emily's playlist that is posted on her blog:
The Playlist 
(This is a very condensed version because I had over 60 songs on my Spotify TIDAL playlist!)

"Brick by Boring Brick" by Paramore (Chapter 1)
"Piece of Me" by Britney Spears  (Chapter 2)
"How You Remind Me" by Nickelback (Chapter 2)
"Airplanes" by B.o.B and Hayley Williams (Chapter 3)
"Locked Out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars (Chapter 3)
"Up All Night" by Alex Clare (Chapter 4)
 "Guns and Horses" by Ellie Goulding (Chapter 5)
"Ignorance" by Paramore (Chapter 6)
"Salt Skin" by Ellie Goulding (Chapter 7) 
"Breakdown" by Seether (Chapter 7)
"Anna Molly" by Incubus (Chapter 8)
"Walk Away" by Five Finger Death Punch (Chapter 9)
"Into the Ocean" by Blue October (Chapter 10)
"Kiss Me" by Ed Sheeran (Chapter 11)
"Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran (Chapter 12)
"Leave the Lights On" by Meiko (Chapter 12)
"Sunday Morning" by Maroon Five (Chapter 13)
"Love the Way You Lie" by Skylar Grey (Chapter 14)
"Adolescents" by Incubus (Chapter 15)
"5:15" by Bridgit Mendler (Chapter 15)
 "Heavy In Your Arms" by Florence + the Machine (Chapter 16)
"Stupid Girl" by Saving Abel (Chapter 16)
"She Will Be Loved" by Maroon Five (Chapter 17)
"Fix You" by Coldplay (Chapter 17)
"My Alcoholic Friends" by Dresden Dolls (Chapter 18)
"Arms" by Christina Perri (Chapter 18)
"Die Young" by Ke$ha (Chapter 19)
"Human" by Civil Twilight (Chapter 19)
 "Sober" by Pink (Chapter 20)
"Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls (Chapter 20)
"Wide Awake" by Katy Perry (Chapter 21)
"You Found Me" by The Fray (Chapter 21)
"Breathe Me" by Sia (Chapter 21)
"Wake Me Up When September Ends" (Chapter 22)
"Paradise" by Coldplay (Chapter 22)
 "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz (Chapter 23)
"Rocketeer" by Tyler Ward and Rachel Lampa (Chapter 23)
"When I Look At You" by Miley Cyrus (Epilogue)

No comments:

Post a Comment