Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Breaking Nova by Jessica Sorensen

Release Date September 3, 2013

Nova Reed used to have dreams-of becoming a famous drummer, of marrying her true love. But all of that was taken away in an instant. Now she's getting by as best she can, though sometimes that means doing things the old Nova would never do. Things that are slowly eating away at her spirit. Every day blends into the next . . . until she meets Quinton Carter. His intense, honey brown eyes instantly draw her in, and he looks just about as broken as she feels inside.

Quinton once got a second chance at life-but he doesn't want it. The tattoos on his chest are a constant reminder of what he's done, what he's lost. He's sworn to never allow happiness into his life . . . but then beautiful, sweet Nova makes him smile. He knows he's too damaged to get close to her, yet she's the only one who can make him feel alive again. Quinton will have to decide: does he deserve to start over? Or should he pay for his past forever?




We all have our favorites.....well Jessica Sorensen just happens to be MINE. Everything she writes captivates me and I just don't know what I will ever do with myself if she quits.

How does one author capture pain the way she does. The books that she writes make me feel...make me break and ache. I always want so bad for one thing to happen and of course it never does. It's always opposite and that is what pulls me and keeps me. The constant turns and twists, the make her books.

Breaking Nova was heart breaking and gut wrenching. I love the ugliness of the beauty behind this book. It is deep and powerful and so full of drama and realness. The situations of the book are realistic yet fictional at the same time.

If you are looking for a happy, sappy love story, skip over this one. It's not for you. This book is not for the soft of heart. I'm at a place right now where ugly and dark are the only books that interest me, this pulled me and hooked me and I'm still thinking of it a week later. If you are in the same place I am in, you need to read this one. If you are a Jessica Sorensen fan, you need to read this. 4.75 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment